Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thunder Thighs Here I Come!

We are really starting to pack the pounds on now...Abigail is a 6 pounder! Look out, we've got a sumo wrestler in our midst. We might be struggling to fit her into those adorable preemie outfits soon. I can't wait! So needless to say, Abigail is a happy camper here at the Magin Ranch.

Our little family did manage to get away this past weekend for Abigail's first vacation. We told her about all the wonders that make up the metroplex (DFW) and about all the awesome family and friends she would see again or meet for the first time. As you can see here, Killer was excited the most about the trip.
Peanut did amazing on the road. Let's face it, she must to be a member of the Warren Family. Thursday night Grandma Bebe got to babysit while Jay and I hung out with the Yankees and Rangers. We had an awesome cookout at Aunt Vicki's house on Friday night while we introduced the Olympics to Nicholas and Abigail. I believe the word of choice for the night while watching the opening ceremonies was, WOW. I am sure you all had some similar reactions.

Saturday night we enjoyed a fish fry at Bebe and Howard's house, and Sunday was show off your grandchild day at church. All grandparents love those days! Abigail was showing off her family as well. We've noticed she does that a lot.

Great news...Jay finally received his orders to be permanently assigned to Fort Sam Houston. He left for Georgia this morning to out-process from Fort Gordon and to figure out how to move our stuff to Texas. Hopefully he won't be gone for too long...we are going to miss him. We foresee only a year in the San Antonio area since we will be getting another change of station when Jay finishes his Officer training. He should finish sometime later next year.


We will try to take advantage of the time we have here, since we don't know the next time we will be back living here. It's amazing when you actually realize that you have no earthly idea what can happen tomorrow, next week, or next year. I am learning to let go of the wheel and take every turn with as much ease as possible. It's not too easy, but definitely a fun ride.

4 comments:

Chelsea Lietz said...

AJ looks great! I am looking forward to seeing her (and you, Mom!) tomorrow night for Girl's night. I'm glad Jay will be stationed her for awhile, I get to enjoy your company!

Michelle said...

Hey Mag! Joanna told me about your blog and I'm so glad I get to see how things are going. Abigail is soooo cute! I'm so glad she is doing so well now. It seems like you and Jay are having a great time being parents! I'll be checking up on you...keep up the good work. Give AJ a mini-high five for me!

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you guys last weekend!! Loved the little black dress and her church dress. She is one stylin' baby!

lesliehayes said...

Lauren Lea,
AJ is so beautiful... She is getting so big... i'm sure you play dress up with her all day.... By the way you look wonderful as well... I am glad to see you all are doing well.... I wish I could see ya'll in person..
Take Care.
Love