Friday, December 7, 2007

Peanut Will Be a Texas Baby

I thought I would update everyone with my decision to move back to Texas for the duration of the birth. Jay and I talked about it a lot before he left, and we both decided that our peanut and I needed family, friends, and the state of Texas surrounding us throughout this pregnancy. I think we all understand why...I didn't think mailing the Texas soil to the hospital in Georgia would have been good enough.


Then came the decision of where to stay in Texas. Family and friends are spread all over Texas and if I could I would choose to stay in each city for a month, but unfortunately traveling after March or April may not be allowed. This was a really hard decision for me, but I did finally come to one. I began to realize that the maternal instincts I was beginning to feel were not just for our peanut, but instincts that I wanted to be mothered myself.


So with those motherly cravings, I have decided to move this ever-growing belly back to Seguin to live with my parents. It was a shocking revelation, but one I am truly looking forward to. It has been many many years since I have lived near my parents, family, and hometown friends. I feel I should take advantage of this opportunity God gave me to reconnect with all of them and that old town of Seguin that raised me so well.


Now, don't think I have forgotten about those other towns, family, and friends that are so close to my heart. I will be visiting you all while I am in Texas. I will be making my rounds to H-town, A-town, and D-town hopefully through April. You know I have to take peanut to his/her first baseball game, hopefully opening day! Don't worry Jay, you and I are still going to take him/her to their real first game where he/she can actually smell the roasted peanuts and hot dogs.


I hope you all are as excited about my decision as I am. I can't wait to get there. I should be driving in around mid January. It is really depending on the schedule of doctor's appointments. So I will know more after the next couple of weeks. Peanut should be making another appearance soon, so keep an eye out.


P.S. Thought you all might like to see my progress. On my way to being large and in charge!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww MAG!!! You look so beautiful and adorable!!! And I'm soooo excited you are moving back to TEXAS and making a round to H-TOWN!!! I miss you so much and wish I could be there with you through it all...take care my love!!! You and Jay are always in my thoughts and prayers!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful idea! Welcome home ASAP!! :) LOVE YOU!

Melissa said...

I am thrilled that you will be moving home - and that you will have your Mom with you through your pregnancy. I cant wait to see you and rub your belly! You are so adorable with a buddah belly LOL....

Anonymous said...

Mag! I am so glad you will be in Seguin! That isn't far from New Braunfels, you know. I am rarely in Seguin, but I will make trips just to see you. I'd love to buy you dinner sometime. You look adorable, and peanut looks... well, like an alien for now... but I'm sure he/she will be really cute! LOVE YOU!