Monday, December 3, 2007

Update from Jay

Ok so I know you all are astonished that this is two blog entries in less than 15 hours, but I Thought you guys would like to hear an update on Jay from Jay. (P.S. You may want to scroll down and read the previous entry first.) Here is his most recent email:

Spaz-
Nick and Angie are amazing. I don't know how to thank them but pleaselet them know they are greatly appreciated and I am very sorry Ididn't do my part. I love them. Please thank Jim as well. That is ahuge lifesaver.
We are still at Bagram AF. We might be leaving within a week but thatobviously is no guarantee. We are very antsy, only one mission in themonth we have been here. Very frustrating. I see SSG Blair everyday,he lives in the same B-Hut as me (that is a plywood shack that eightpeople share). Gardner's wife is doing well. She is due at the endof July. I think Gardner is freaking out.
VIDEO TELECONFERENCE onDecember 16th!!! If I am here we will be able to participate. I willlet you know when I fing out if I am going to be at Bagram orelsewhere.
I truly am sorry I am not there to help with the house and that I leftit in such disarray. I am horrible. I never meant to dump all thaton you guys. Once again you Magin's show what great people you are.I love you guys.I hope you are doing alright.
Second trimester. Super exciting! Ican't wait to see you and the little peanut again. I love you all somuch. Please take good care of yourself while I am away. Give Killermy love. I'll try and call soon. And yes I will check out theRogue...
All my love, J

So there you have it...more evidence of the Army's motto: Hurry Up and Wait.

3 comments:

Mom (Betty) said...

Hi Lauren - thanks for posting this for us. I just spoke with Jay a few moments ago and it was our longest conversation since he deployed. He is still waiting for their mission to begin. Expecting to leave Bagram any time now. Thank you for doing all the stuff to get the house ready to sale. Vicki and I both stand ready to come assist you if you need us. Don't overdo it. Tell Angie and Nick, for us, that we appreciate them helping you. Keep your spirits up. We are looking forward to seeing the next baby picture". Love, Betty

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things are progressing well. I just wanted to let you know I'm reading the blog...keep the updates coming.

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to get updates on you guys! I am praying for both of you. When you get a chance, I'd love a mailing address for Jay and for you.