Saturday, March 29, 2008

Growing Baby & Dinner with Friends


I am doing this different this time. Here is an email from me to Jay (and you all as well):

These are from Tuesday's appointment. I hope you enjoy them. It's so awesome to see how much she is growing. She has her feet up at her head again. Her favorite position.

The 3D Pics might look cooler on April 16th, but they still are really interesting now. The one that is an exact profile of the face is really amazing. I love that you can make out her every detail and curve.

The doctor said she is 2 lbs. 5 oz. and the Baby Center updates say that she should be about 15 inches long. I am feeling kicks in my ribs now, so she must be stretching out here and there. Her head was down on Tuesday. I also asked the doctor to confirm again that there were definitely female parts still there, and sorry, no mistakes with that verdict.

I saw Aimee, Caleb, Scott and Allyson last night. Dinner was awesome. We went to Cuba Libre. The cuban food was amazing. You would have loved it because their specialties are tacos. Very similar to the tapas bar in Augusta we loved. I had a chicken taco and a mahi mahi taco. The mahi was great. We had plaintains to start out with three different dipping sauces. And they have a drink called a Cuba Libre that is a rum and coke that is the frozen to the consistency of an icee. It looked like they had just ran to the 7/11 and bought a coke slurpee. It looked delicious, yet I stuck to my extra special cocktail of club soda with a splash of cranberry and a lime.

I was sneaky and paid the bill without anyone knowing until we were ready to leave. I thought that would be our present to Aimee and Caleb for their anniversary and Scott for his birthday. I can still be sneaky even though I am not as light-footed as I used to be. Then afterwards Aimee and Caleb suggested we go to Pokey-O's for dessert. I don't know if you have ever heard of it, but you need to go!! You would absolutely love it. It is an ice cream sandwich bar. You get to pick each flavor of the homemade cookie you want to go on either side of your sandwich (I chose peanut chip and chocolate chip). Then you pick your ice cream (I went with vanilla). But they had all sorts of choices...snickerdoodles...cappuccino cookies...mint chocolate chip ice cream...rocky road...the combinations were endless. Great ending to a wonderful evening. I was so happy I didn't stuff myself at dinner so that I could enjoy dessert. I hope you got Scott's picture of me enjoying my ice cream sandwich. haha.

I am sure it is no shock to you when I tell you that I forgot my camera at home and didn't get one shot from dinner. Oh well. A preggo mind is not a sharp one.

We missed you all night. Me more than anyone, of course. We all kept referencing you and commenting on how much you would have loved the evening. We all can't wait to do it again with one more seat at the table. Can't wait for you to come home. Love you and miss you more than words can describe. Stay safe,

Love,
Spaz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren,

We (Scott and Allyson) had so much fun the other night. Thank you for picking up the tab (very sneaky indeed)! In fact, I loved it so much I went there for brunch the next day. Steak and Egg tacos are good at all hours of the day!

Take care!
Scott

Aim Claim said...

It wasn't quite the same without you Jay, however I quickly realized how much I truly love Lauren's company just as much as yours... you got yourself a wonderful and amazing woman (with a pretty cute belly!)

Thank you again for being so generous to pick up the bill, Lauren... you WERE super sneaky! I can't wait to take both of you out VERY SOON!

I love you both! Hurry Home Jay, we miss you!