Wednesday, May 21, 2008

2 Weeks and Counting!

Oh my goodness can you believe that it's almost June. Crazy! My giddiness is getting a little out of control, hehe :) Less than two weeks and Jay is back in the states. It looks like it will be a very close call come early June...the combat boots are running head to head with Abigail Jane's little tootsies. It might come down to a photo finish. Oh lets be honest, there will definitely be photos.

My doctor's appointment yesterday was very exciting! I really didn't think anything was going to happen since it was so close to my last appointment, but as he was doing an ultrasound, I was apparently having contractions, haha. I didn't even know it. He told me and I said, "What seriously?". I couldn't feel anything. The only way he could show me was to have me feel my belly. The uterus was like a rock near the top, I just thought that meant she was sticking her butt in the air, haha. I had a couple of them during the ultrasound, so he decided he would check my cervix and apparently it is ripening quite nicely. It has thinned out a lot but hasn't dilated any. I asked what that meant and he said well he couldn't say anything for certain, but that I was probably not going to make it to full term (40 weeks). So that being said, it looks like we are only a few weeks away. Today, I am 36 weeks! That means she may be coming in 2 to 3 weeks, CRAZY!!!

I was so anxious to talk to Jay and tell him this astounding news that our little girl seems to be in a rush to meet us. I bet she's trying to get in on the baseball action too. My guess is she is shooting to make it before the College World Series or the Astros-Yankees series. Wouldn't that be nice! Let's hope those Aggies don't continue to choke at the end of their season.

Anyway back to telling Jay...after he caught his breath and finally finished a complete phrase which ended up being "Oh boy"...he said that I needed to do everything I could to keep her cookin' for a little longer. He reminded me that he can't obviously drive from Afghanistan. I just told him to make sure there are no delays in his return and I'll do my best to not pass out from this exhausting Texas heat and that was all I could promise. Needless to say, I think I shocked him a little with that news. I love that!

I guess we are as ready as we are going to be...I hope you all are as well. I know its going to be a shock seeing Jay and I holding our little angel, so just make sure you're all prepared. I don't go back to the Dr. again for two weeks. Crazy, I know! The doctor even said, well I hope you still have a baby in there when I see you again. haha...I guess we'll see!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren Lea!!!! Wow, all great news here. I just wish Jay was home already. I thought he would be by now. Abigail looks amazing, and I can't believe how clearly I saw her! Only two or three weeks!!! How exciting!
I'll keep looking at your blog for details.

Lots of good luck!!! I can't wait until we can welcome Abigail to the world!

Lots of Love - and we miss you in Augusta,

Diane and Tom Casey

Anonymous said...

Wow Mag!!! I can't believe it is almost time!!! I am sooo excited for all 3 of you to be together. It's been a long 9 months and I'm glad you will be back with your man soon. I love you so much and I am keeping you all in my prayers. It is gonna be a close race on who gets here first...but I pray that Jay beats Abigail! hehe! Keep me posted love. I miss you and I love you so much!

Anonymous said...

I am getting SOOO excited for you guys!!! Do you waddle yet?! :-)

Betty (Mom) said...

I am getting nervous and excited at the same time. In my minds eye so perfectly I can see Jay and Lauren Lea holding our new little sweetheart. I am so anxious to see Jay again and to meet my precious little granddaughter. Run Jay run......rest Lauren rest...

Aim Claim said...

ohhhh!!! How exciting is right!

You'd better stay off your feet girl. Hold on for Jay Bird to fly home!

Love you... Aimee