Thursday, May 15, 2008

In the Home Stretch Now!

So the mountain man finally came down from his lonely look out. His call was the best birthday present ever! He was a little out of it at 3 am his time, but I'll take whatever I can get. He's so sweet when he is delirious. After 24 days of solitude, no hygiene what so ever and sleeping on rocks, Jay and his fellow un-bathed com padres finally heard the beautiful bird arriving to take them back to the oh so civilized Bagram. That's gotta be an oxymoron. And on top of that, it does sound like he's pretty much done with his duty and waiting around for his trip home. What a way to end a 6 month long deployment. He has about 2 weeks left at Bagram filled with out processing and a few more meetings before returning to good old Georgia. His estimation of return to the states is around the first of June. And as we have all learned with Army intelligence, this means nothing, no definites and can change at any time. But Guys...We Are In The Home Stretch Now!

After all the missions and the delectable MRE's (dehydrated meals), Jay's protein bulked body that he left with has depleted to a much leaner muscular version as was expected. I guess he's similar to when he arrived back from Basic Training. You all remember the slim jim at the alter touting a waist size very close to mine. haha just kidding. Although I am very worried that between his loss and my gain we are getting dangerously close to meeting in the middle.
As for me, the baby shower this past weekend was a great family and close friend gathering to end the shower season. My Aunt Dale and Jeanette threw a wonderful brunch for many ooohing and awwing ladies. There was a platter of adorable Abigail cookies and a fabulous cranberry punch. (Isn't it funny how I always must comment on the food and beverages, haha). We received so many great gifts, cute outfits, and very useful supplies of diapers and wipes. My mom and I were successful putting the stroller and carrier together the next day. That was a great reality to see sitting in the living room!
Furthermore, I had a great time celebrating the holiday weekend with Jay's family who were able to come down and stay with us out at the lake house. A little shopping and dining in Gruene and bbqing and lounging out at the lake made for an incredibly relaxing Mother's Day and Birthday! Killer obviously had a exhausting time playing with my cousin Nicole and nephew Nicholas.
Oh and on top of all that I finally had another Drs. Appt with a different doctor this time. The new doctor was really nice. He looked younger but claims to have 7 children ranging from 2 yrs to 15 yrs, wow. Jay don't get any ideas! The ultrasound was very quick and I only managed to get one picture out of them. Its of her face and you can make out the nose, lips and supposedly she is sticking her tongue out a little. Like my dad does when he is concentrating. haha. She is weighing in at 4lbs 14oz right now. I also talked with him about the next few weeks and what they would entail. After not having an appointment for a month, I will now be going every week. goodness. He said that he would start checking my progress around 37 weeks. I am 35 weeks and 2 days now. He is aware of our situation and again said that there won't be a reevaluated due date until probably early June. That is really all I have to report, but as I said I will go again in a week. I doubt I will have anything new then either though because I can't really see what they are going to do. Oh and good news, they didn't weigh me so I am still ignorant to the fact that I quite possibly weigh the same or more than Jay due to his deployment diet. You better start hoovering those power bars babe!















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Jay will be home soon! I am soooo happy to hear that! I can't believe you are 35 weeks! Wow! It is getting close. Well I just wanted to say Hi and I miss you so much. I'm glad to hear you are doing great and that Jay is in the home stretch. Thank goodness. I love you Mag....take care!