Thursday, November 8, 2007

Jay's Exit Ceremony


This morning I attended Jay's Exit Ceremony which recognized the 202nd MI Battalion Delta Company among others in lieu of their upcoming deployment. The ceremony was held outside on Barton Field in which many fellow MI soldiers, distinguished guests, family members and friends attended to acknowledge our brave soldiers. The Signal Corp Band provided the music, the Battalion Commander provided the speech, and the perfectly aligned soldiers in formation saluting the American Flag provided the undeniable fact that this was really happening. Jay is deploying in a couple of days along with many other soldiers, brothers, husbands, fathers, and sons. It is something I never thought I would be a part of, but I am so proud to say that is my good-lookin', brave, caring and strong husband leading the way.

It was a short ceremony, but a powerful one. It brought reality to light.

Go forth, go strong Jay. We are behind you 100%. Hurry Home!

7 comments:

JCR said...

"Go forth, go strong Jay. We are behind you 100%. Hurry Home!"

Indeed.

Anonymous said...

Like Lauren, I never expected to be a part of someone's deployment especially my own beloved son. HE will bear you up on Eagle's wings and hold you in the plam of HIS HAND. I am clinging to that thought and already counting down the days until you return home. Take great care Little Man - you make me so proud! Thanks for the posting Lauren - love you too. Mom

Aim Claim said...

The Lord has great plans for you Jay, and I pray for His strength and guidance to be with you as you begin this amazing journal ahead of you.

Come home soon! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Get your ass home quick....you don't want to make come over there. But if by chance you can I would love to visit, I heard the weather was nice over there.

Over there, Over there, send the word, send the word, over there that jay is coming, that jay is coming and we won't rest tell he gets his ass home....sound familiar to anyone?
David

Anonymous said...

Jay! It was so nice to meet you and Lauren Lea, even though it was a short time here! I am sooooo excited about the baby, this is going to be the most exciting time in your life! And Lauren Lea was right, the path will definitly not be dull, and you'll have wonderful stories to tell the baby about! I wish you the best, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers while you're gone! God will bless you guys dearly!

Melissa said...

You are both in my prayers. Jay, I am so proud of you...who would have thought that that little kid who looked just like Marvin the cartoon character and slept spread eagle on the foam mats at our sleepovers could ever make us so proud.

Anonymous said...

Jay,
Be safe and be smart...and if you decide to exit a moving vehicle, please pick your feet up.
Love,
Scooter