Thursday, November 8, 2007

We're having a PEANUT!


Sooooo.... Lauren Lea and I went to our ultrasound this afternoon and found out this so-called baby is actually shaped like a roasted peanut. Obviously honey-roasted. The little tyke had a crazy strobe light going off in the middle of its shell (the heartbeat come to find out). Then the doc played the heartbeat for us and Lauren Lea lost it. She started boohooing and what not. I might be exaggerating a little. We were obviously glowing though. We got a few printed versions of the pics (see attached photo). I personally showed our child's first "school pic" to everyone I passed in the hospital (including the entire staff of Starbucks). Please take the time to notice the kiddo is clearly going to look like me with a noggin that big. See ya'll soon! JBird

13 comments:

Aim Claim said...

OH yeah!!! What a cute little peanut! I'm so glad you guys were able to get that appointment in before you had to leave.

Lauren's tears of joy are much deserved!

kisses to baby Warren.

JCR said...

The other two must be behind that roasted peanut? You better not be lying to me, Jay.

Anonymous said...

WOW, doesn't this make it oh so more real?? I am so excited for ya'll!!! I just wish we could be preggers together for the whole term!!!! Who else will understand our hormones?

Anonymous said...

Oh.........how sweet it is. I already love the "little peanut"
- big noggin and all.

Anonymous said...

Honey-roasted indeed! How precious! How exciting!!! I'm sooo happy for you guys!!! I love you!

Melissa said...

That is the 2nd cutest honey roasted peanut I have ever seen (besides my own of course). It wont be long until that little peanut is a precious little baby with a big ol noggin....I cant wait.

Lauren, get used to the tears....there will be plenty of them.

david.griffin said...

your not going to name it Janus are you?

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! It sends chills down my spine to see your little one. Lar, you are going to have such a wonderful time being preggo! Jay we are all behind you, and you have so much to anticipate during your time away. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

What a cute little peanut... and I have to agree with Jay on the noggin part... Lets just hope its a girl.... I'm so happy for you both!

Anonymous said...

Your favorite Aunt Debbie is thrilled and excited for the two of you. I can't wait to read all about "little peanut".

Jay, we're so proud of you. You are a great leader and a wonderful person. We're going to bombard you with stuff from Texas and Tennessee. Love, your favorite Aunt Debbie

Anonymous said...

Jay and Lauren, I hate to break it to you, but I believe it may actually be a lemon-lime flavored Jelly bean.

Congrats on the Jelly Belly and hurry home Jaybird!
-Scott

Joanna said...

I'm so glad you guys added labels...otherwise I'd be like Rachel, just pretending I can see it! I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeat together! Can't wait to watch Baby Warren grow.